Canine Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canine Wars

Canine wars! a battle between Wolves and Dogs. choose your side!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Caninewars! Canine forum-based roleplaying!
If your registered, feel free to jump on the chatbox and have a chat with anyone who might be online (or about to come online)
Please remember to check the RULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION thread often, ignorance is no excuse and the important stuff is there!
Say hi and head over to the INTRODUCE YOURSELF! forum to, well, introduce yourself!

Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

Approved Characters : Destur

Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one. Empty
PostSubject: Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.   Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:01 am

2 in 1
The call of the wild & white fang

4 in 1
The call of the wild, white fang and other stories.

a review from amazon.com about 'the call of the wild' wrote:
A Classic book review, January 10, 2006
By Collin "Matt" (Anchorage, Alaska)

In the book, The Call of the Wild and other stories, a dog name Buck is forced to leave his home in Santa Clara Valley, California after he is sold to two men that are going up north for the gold rush. They are headed to the region of Klondike Canada and once they get there Buck soon realizes that it is a very uncivilized place compared to his home. Buck competes with the rest of the sled dogs for head dog and it becomes a very violent contest in which Buck wins. After a while, Buck and the rest of the sled dogs become very weak after the long and treacherous journey. Buck is sold to an experienced gold hunter named John Thornton and they build a great relationship. After John Thornton dies Buck is forced to survive on his own and it is truly a Call of the Wild.

I enjoyed the book Call of the Wild because it was a great adventure story and a story that I think people of all ages would enjoy. I also liked how the author Jack London depicted the relationship between dog and man. He described how Buck felt towards all of his owners and how he learned that humans were only superior to him if they had one thing, a weapon. London went into more detail about Buck and John Thornton's relationship by describing how they were the best of friends. He showed that Buck was so obedient towards John that he would jump off a cliff if he were told to do so.

London did a great job of using imagery to enhance the book. I believe the plot of the book itself is what makes it a classic but the imagery and diction London chooses to use makes it just more interesting than it already is. I really think people of all ages would enjoy reading this book and even if you aren't into the wilderness type of book I think you will still enjoy the story.

all the books in this book (sounds wierd i know) are very very good and a entertaining read. both the 2-in-1 and the 4-in-1 are only about $10 at stores.
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.   Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 am

I have the 2-in-1. I love how they talk about the animal's instincts and don't always treat animal characters as they would human characters.
Back to top Go down
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

Approved Characters : Destur

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.   Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:46 pm

yea, Ive got the 4-in-1, my fav. 2 sofar are call of the wild and white fang, mainly the ending of both the books, I wish he went into more detail about what happened to Buck at the end of call of the wild... ohwell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.   Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf/Dog book(s) - 2 or 4 in one.
Page 1 of 1