Canine Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canine Wars

Canine wars! a battle between Wolves and Dogs. choose your side!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Caninewars! Canine forum-based roleplaying!
If your registered, feel free to jump on the chatbox and have a chat with anyone who might be online (or about to come online)
Please remember to check the RULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION thread often, ignorance is no excuse and the important stuff is there!
Say hi and head over to the INTRODUCE YOURSELF! forum to, well, introduce yourself!

Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

Approved Characters : Destur

Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Empty
PostSubject: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 am

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY GOOD MERCHANDICE (books, games, movies, websites etc) FOR WOLVES ETC POST IT HERE!!

Thanks,

adalwolf

Last edited by Adalwolf on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 am

WOLF BOOK:

Title: Promise of the Wolves

Author: Dorothy Hearst

Series: The Wolf Chronicles

Book number in series: 1

Page length: 335

Summary:
The debut of former Jossey-Bass senior editor Hayes is a crackling foray into a dangerous past, the first of a projected trilogy. On Wide Valley plain 14,000 years ago, wolf Kaala is born into the Swift River pack—a half-breed outcast with Outsider blood. As she grows into adulthood, the spirited pup continues to come into conflict with pack leader Ruuqo. She also sneaks off to be with humans, who are encroaching on wolf territory and who often drive the wolves from their kills. Fraternization is strictly forbidden, but as Kaala's mother has foreseen in dreams, it may also be the key to saving every wolf and human in the valley. Hayes's remarkable fluency when writing in Kaala's voice is immediately absorbing. The mythologies of the societies she invents are underdeveloped, but the relationships between the human characters and the wolf characters are keenly felt, and the conflicts sharply imagined. Hayes's keen interpretations of wolf behavior, senses and sensibilities will enchant paranormal fans and animal lovers alike.

My opinion:
A very good book, focusing on the life of a young she-wolf Kaala, who is almost killed at a young age due to being of mixed-blood. follow her and she strugges to gain acceptance into the swift river pack, which she puts at risk after rescuing a human child, which uncovers the lies of her packs legends..
I advise you read it Razz

Sites of interest:

Full official review
http://www.kirkusreviews.com/kirkusreviews/images/pdf/SciFi_Fantasy.pdf

Dorothy hearst's site
http://www.dorothyhearst.com/
Back to top Go down
BK Moon

BK Moon

Approved Characters : Ibham Sadim

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:22 am

Half-Wolf video game

(yes im back from Disney Very Happy Very Happy )

Title: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

For: Wii, Gamecube

Summary: (from ign.com a review) When the game opens to a sweeping view of Link as he rides Epona across a vast landscape, you can't help conjuring memories of Ocarina's epic beginnings. And at least for the first half of the adventure, Twilight Princess does indeed feel very much like Ocarina of Time for a new generation of players. Not only does Link start his quest from a small village on the outskirts of Hyrule proper, but he eventually makes his way to cities and temples that have all been seen before - in less detail, of course - almost a decade ago. Were these familiarities representative of the adventure as a whole, the title might find itself with an identity problem. A good identity problem, mind you - even a full-blown remake of Ocarina would be destined for greatness - but an identity problem nevertheless. Thankfully, though, the game also sharply divides the old from the new by way of an engrossing storyline that travels Nintendo's beloved hero into an alternate realm known simply as the Twilight. It is from this beautiful bloom-filled, particle-drowned Hyrulian wasteland that some very different changes are introduced to the old gameplay formula.
For starters, Link changes into a wolf and takes on brand new beast abilities. Via some uncharacteristically well-choreographed cut-scenes, the aspiring warrior transforms into the four-legged animal and eventually meets Zelda, who has been imprisoned in the Twilight. He's also introduced to Midna, a pivotal character to the storyline and quest to follow. This is a dark world and it's complemented by a decidedly dark premise. There are no beheadings or, for that matter, even genuine gore, but compared to the always colorful, cartoony affair that was Wind Waker, this stuff may as well be Resident Evil. In one particularly compelling cinematic halfway through the game, the storyline even ponders what might happen if Link himself turned to evil. Nintendo has utilized motion-capturing for characters and the added fluidity is immediately noticeable, but that's hardly the primary reason why these sequences are so welcomed. Rather, the tale has matured and advanced well beyond the templated save-the-princess routine and into something that holds interest not simply to support some well-rounded gameplay mechanics, but as an attraction of its own. As you play, you will generally want to know who Midna is and what here motivation to help Link might be, just as you'll be itching to discover what the true power of the Twilight King.

"Everything said and done, this is still a major achievement for Nintendo and it arrives as GameCube's swan song – an epic farewell to what has been a great console."

Rating: Overall 9.5 out of ten!

ESRB content rating: T for teen (meh, I play it anyway.) For: Animated Blood , Fantasy Violence.

Uh, anything else to cover? Oh, yeah.

My Reveiw:
Probably the best of the Zelda games. Why did I post it here? Read a few sections of the summary again... " For starters, Link changes into a wolf and takes on brand new beast abilities. Via some uncharacteristically well-choreographed cut-scenes, the aspiring warrior transforms into the four-legged animal" Sporry how it was that short. You'll be a wolf for most of the beggining, I'm pretty sure (cant remember cuz my TV with the gamecube wont work! Rolling Eyes ) and later on...Oops! I'll spoil it! Um, so anyway, this is the best zelda game.. In my opinion. If you dont wanna try it: Ok. But its a great game, I love it, and so will you! (I know it im phsycic)
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowsilversonic.chocoforum.com

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:58 am

adopt-a-wolf - found while googling https://secure.defenders.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=wildadopt_graywolf&s_src=WJY08WDADOPT&s_subsrc=WJY08WDADOPT_08ADOPTG1n&gclid=CNDewJDEnJQCFQEQGgoddFP_8w

it's cool cuz i gots the 250$ 1 [from santa!!!!] and i was wondering where it came from i found this and i was like Surprised Shocked then i told my friend he couldn't get 1 cuz it was as much as the WII!!!!!!!! you get a picture to. NOTE: do not buy stuffed animal! though very soft and realistic it's VERY expensive, only get at christmas[those who celebrate it.]
Back to top Go down
BK Moon

BK Moon

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Thats neat! Im gonna ask my mom to adopt a Red Wolf pack for $75 right now! And i will beg, and beg, and beg, and BEG until i can save the pack.
Normallly I would do the normal wolves, but its pretty expensive. So ill try and get a red wolf pack. Or at least a family. ^^ I already adopted
two mustangs- the lead mare and leader of the herd. I have a big poster in my room. They're so pretty! Im also trying to adopt a chincoteauge pony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 pm

me too, i asked to see if i contributed $50 if she'd get it for me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BK Moon

BK Moon

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:52 am

Yeah my mom said i could if i dont spend too much money over the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:43 am

YAYS FOR USS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's make a club for peps who might or did get something from Adotp-A-Wolf!!!! {NOT INCLUDING SANTA OR WHAT YOU CELEBRATE PRESENTS!!!!}
Back to top Go down
BK Moon

BK Moon

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:44 am

ok lets stop talking about it here or we'll get this thing locked XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 am

well it ABOUT wolf merchindise, ok we'll talk in PM.
Back to top Go down
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 pm

Yes, it is ABOUT it it is not LISTING it.
If you want to talk about it I can make a topic/forum for merchandise and you can chat about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:57 am

i'll make it myself, under it will say [topic of adalwolf got off hand, here is an offtopic version of it.The old 1 is still up and running though.]
Back to top Go down
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 am

crystalsong wrote:
i'll make it myself, under it will say [topic of adalwolf got off hand, here is an offtopic version of it.The old 1 is still up and running though.]

I dont think you understand..... I will see if i can make a FORUM about merchandise....
Back to top Go down
Adalwolf
Webmaster/Administrator
Webmaster/Administrator
Adalwolf

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 am

FORUM MADE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise   Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf (etc) Products/merchandise
Page 1 of 1